Vision of Carson
My vision for the City of Carson is to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy community. I want Carson to be a City where all residents can reach their full potential through education, business, recreation and wellness.
The health and well-being of Carson residents have been my priority from the negative impacts of the coronavirus from the first time it was discovered in our community. Understanding the challenges, we face, I have successfully advocated for the resources and public policies we need to meet the coronavirus's unprecedented challenges. I am proud to stand with our first responders on the front line fighting to protect you and our communities.
I am asking you to support and protect our community by following the Los Angeles County Health Department guidelines to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
IMMEDIATE HEALTH NEEDS - SouthBay Area (City of Carson)
- COVID-19 - IMMUNIZATION SITES
During these unprecedented times I have fought successfully to provide:
- Supported COVID-19 paycheck protection to assist Carson residents.
- Supported thousands of meals for Carson residents.
- Promoted Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
- Advocated for Eviction Protection Moratorium.
- Promoted Carson Essentials to GO – to feed vulnerable families.
- Supported transportation assistance through Lyft program.
OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS -partial list
- Supported Pension Obligation Bond to address rising cost of pension liability.
- Supported Local hiring and Project labor agreements.
- Implemented COVID-19 Small Business Loan and Payroll protection Program.
- Provided COVID-19 free meals to over 4000 residents.
- Supported the passage of a strict oil code prohibiting oil drilling within 750 feet of our homes.
- Completion of the Wilmington Ave. and 405 Freeway ramps.
- Increased Affordable Housing for Seniors and Veterans.
- Support New Restaurants.
- Promoted Community & Park Safety.
- Introduced Electric Vehicles to city fleet of cars.
- Promoted /Increased services for Special Needs Children.
- Championed Environmental Improvements.
- Supported the opening of John's Incredible Pizza, Planet Fitness, Burlington, Ross, and Floor & Decor.
Increased economic opportunities for citizens of Carson is a must. Joint efforts with the City and Carson Chamber of Commerce working together in creating job opportunities. The many new construction/expansion projects in the City MUST have Carson residents working. Leverage working relationships with the private sector in spite of COVID-19. My goal is to increase Job opportunities and job readiness by linking together our biggest resources; California State University Dominguez Hills and our local Job Clearing House with jobs that are emerging from the Pandemic.